Sunday, September 6, 2009

Packing


I've been packing all day. You'd think packing would be easier... you make a list of what you need, make sure you have that stuff and that it's clean, and you put it in your suitcase. And yet somehow, it always takes waaayyyyyy too long to get finished. Especially when you're packing for a month and a half, like I am. I've never taken a trip this long. I think the longest I've ever had to pack for was 2 weeks or so, and even that was terribly difficult. This is THREE TIMES as long!

At least I'm almost finished now. Or so says my list, I'm sure I'll find more things to put in my bags. I waited until just a few days ago to put my room up on craigslist to sublet. I was hoping a friend of mine would take the room and didn't come up with a back up plan until after he found out he'd not be able to take it. But I got one, he seems like a cool guy, and hopefully the guys I live with won't be too upset that I didn't find a girl. I did what I could! I think he'll fit in here. He and myself even share the same birthday! That's a good sign, right? Another Libra in the house will keep it balanced.

These past 3 or so weeks have gone by really fast. I remember thinking they couldn't go fast enough, and now I'm going to be leaving the smokey skies of Los Angeles behind tomorrow to discover what Birmingham, Alabama is all about. So far, nearly all of the cast are friends on facebook, which is nice because it's daunting enough to meet a cast for the first time anyway, let alone being in a completely new place and not being able to go home to people you know. I even some videos of a couple people on youtube - from what it seems there are going to be a lot of talented people in this show. I can't wait to really get it going!

What else.... I've kept a journal most of my life, but i've never blogged. Not really. I mean, I had a xanga account in high school but that hardly counts. Here, read it. Ok, i guess I kept it up a little after high school, but look at the stuff i was writing. who cares about that?? Come to think of it, who cares about this? Except Evan. I'm sure he'll be checking this every day to see what I'm up to and, like he said, make sure I'm staying at the hotel and writing instead of having fun. We'll see, Evan, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment