Saturday, May 15, 2010

Forward.

I was up just after 7:30 this morning. I showered, got dressed and ready, and had breakfast before I headed out to the callback. Only thing is... I didn't get that email.

Yes that's right. I checked my email at least hourly yesterday, but nada. Maybe there was a reason I didn't tell everyone about the callback. I kept wondering if I accidentally attached an old resume, or if they misspelled my email address, or if perhaps the casting director changed her mind about me. I had a little pity party last night, but decided to sleep on it and see how I felt in the morning. When I woke up today I still wasn't sure if it would be wise or fruitful, but I made up my mind to go out to Hollywood where they held the initial audition and wait for people to start showing up.

When I got there at 9:30, the only cars that were there belonged to the asian tourists getting out of them. I waited for a few minutes before deciding to go home to grab my laptop, a book, and some sudoku. I got back and sent a message to a guy I met at the audition, a friend of a friend, and asked if a girl he was hanging out with, who also got a callback, had heard anything yet. Desperate, yes. Luckily he quickly sent a message back, saying he had only met the girl that day, but he did have an email address for one of the casting coordinators. I sent a quick email to them and waited. Until almost 2:30. And nothing.

Of course it's very frustrating, wondering what happened. Something obviously went wrong somewhere. But on top of that, I could have worked this morning. With rehearsals and meetings and auditions going on, that's happening less and less. And speaking of, my rehearsal for Godspell Started at 2. Luckily my director is very understanding and trusts that we have a strong show on the way, so he said just get there when I could. I'm glad I gave it a shot, because I know I'd probably be mad at myself if I didn't.

I got to rehearsal at about 3:30 and found out some good news: they want me to be dance captain! That's really exciting, it's something that's crossed my mind before. As I've said before, I don't consider myself a strong dancer, but I do learn things pretty quickly. So I'm going to give it my best shot. Plus, it'll look good on my resume!

I'm getting help to put together a reel this weekend. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by talented and helpful people. Yesterday I had a little chat with Ron, the director from RENT, about the meetings that are coming up for me. He was very helpful, telling me some things I had been hearing, and other things that were long forgotten to me. Over the past months he's become someone I look up to, and it was great to get some input from him. After I got off the phone with him I realized that I'm scared. This is when my career is really starting and I can see it happening. Yes it's scary, but also very exciting. Once I push through the new hard stuff I believe more and more good things will happen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment